Anyone here shoot "5 Stand"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of giving 5 stand clay shooting a try. If anyone here knows how it works, please let me know and where in the Tulsa area is there a 5 Stand range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about Tulsa. Shot 5 stand once at Silver Leaf gun range near Guthrie. It's a challenging course of fire. I'd like to do it more, just nothing near us.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shot it for years. There could be as few as 6 throwers and I've seen as many as 14. At each stand you'll find a menu card. You'll see a single number at the top, it will tell you which thrower your target will come from, you may shoot at it twice if you miss the first shot. After your single target, next on the menu you'll see two thrower numbers, both will be thrown at the same time. After that pair you'll see another pair of thrower numbers, that will be your last pair for that stand. So, five stands, 5 throwers per stand. If you shoot twice at each single target, you could shoot up to 30 shells per round, so a single box won't be enough if you shoot more than once at the first target.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like fun.

Is it anything like skeet?

Where I live, the only place to shoot shotguns in an competitive way is a place called Duck Creek in Winfield KS & it is just a trap shooting setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom