Anyone interested in an AR build-party?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got some guys who are new to self-builds, Christmas is coming up.... maybe we should all get together and spend some time showing some of the less-experienced guys the tricks of the trade, show off our own guns and share experiences with different parts/accessories, etc.?

We'd need to do one near each major metro, but hell, if we got 5 or 6 (or 1 or 2) who wanted to come to B'ville, I'd host one in my garage. I could smoke some pork, we can hang out and shoot the sh|t and build rifles. :D

I already told the FBT boys they can come up - so I'll need to throw on alot more pork! lol

Whaddya'll think?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be up for it, but I could only come up on a Sunday afternoon. I open the sporting goods department at the Walmart I work at on Saturdays.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe do it in January? That way all the people who get AR parts for christmas can join in.

What would be the bottleneck? I'd imagine vises for upper assembly. I have one I haven't mounted yet in the new house; I could probably mount it to a stool or something to be portable and either bring it if I can make it, or send it with someone if I can't.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe do it in January? That way all the people who get AR parts for christmas can join in.

What would be the bottleneck? I'd imagine vises for upper assembly. I have one I haven't mounted yet in the new house; I could probably mount it to a stool or something to be portable and either bring it if I can make it, or send it with someone if I can't.

I've got two vises and 2 tables/benches to work on. They're about 2x3. Also have a couple plastic folding tables. I could bring it all wherever we wanted to do it.

January sounds good... it'll be cold as hail to do it all in the garage, but heck, a bunch of us got some extra insulation we're carrying, which may increase over the holidays. lol

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come see us before the party and I'll send you home with a bunch of springs and detents so you guys don't have to spend a bunch of time searching for launched parts.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New to the AR platform and do not know much about the differences in parts/quality/function, but thinking about one. Where can we get real information of what might fit us without the marketing hype? Bottom line for me, how do we figure out what to bring to assemble?

Latest posts

Top Bottom