Anyone know a good mobile heavy equipment mechanic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s it doin wrong? Or not doin?
it has a 6 way blade and one of the Hydraulic cylinders shoots out hydraulic fluid when used...also the dozer won't turn to the right when on level ground....it turns to the right when going up or down a grade or when its tilted to the left or right....also I think the pads might need to be snugged up....

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it has a 6 way blade and one of the Hydraulic cylinders shoots out hydraulic fluid when used...also the dozer won't turn to the right when on level ground....it turns to the right when going up or down a grade or when its tilted to the left or right....also I think the pads might need to be snugged up....
Looks like you got the contact info for a fella. Yeah if oil is squirting out around the ram where it goes into the cylinder that should be a pretty simple rebuild. Tracks are actually simple to tighten. A grease gun does the tightening. Not sure what dozer you have but the three I’ve been around had an inspection plate you pulled to get access to the grease fitting that tightens the track. It takes longer to pull four bolts in the plate than it does for the grease gun to tighten the track. As far as it not trackin straight that could be caused by one track not being as tight as the other or it could be something else. When we bought our used bobcat I adjusted on the linkages to get it tracking straight. I dunno how the last “operator” lived with that thing being so far out of sync left and right. Our newest dozer (2005 d5m xl with 6 way) has lots of electronics as I understand it and a tech with a computer can tune all the controls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom