Anyone know much about Weaver K series scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am referring to the older 50s-60s era scopes. I have one on my 1903A4 clone, and am trying to figure out the click value, as well as see if anyone knows how reliable they are when it comes to adjusting for range. Any info on them would be a great help, or just tell me what your experience with them has been.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you mean the Weaver K3, my copy of "Old Rifle Scopes" by Nick Stroebel indicates 1/2 MOA per adjustment. The K4 has 1/4 MOA adjustments. By the way, these scopes were made up until the mid-1980s.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if you noticed but Mike is local, too. He's definitely not cheap or fast but he does have all the remaining stock of parts.

I first heard of him through the CMP forum, when people over there were talking about having their pricey M84 scopes refurbished. For something like that, I can understand his fees... but for a Weaver? IMHO, you'd be better off finding another example of the Weaver scope you liked, and paying a lot less.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I first heard of him through the CMP forum, when people over there were talking about having their pricey M84 scopes refurbished. For something like that, I can understand his fees... but for a Weaver? IMHO, you'd be better off finding another example of the Weaver scope you liked, and paying a lot less.

Thats true, I had mine given to me by a friend down in Texas, and in return sent him a very nice case knife sitll in the box. Here's 100yds with the K3 mounted on my Ruger #1RSI. The group you see at the top right is the Hornady 175gr loads, the opened group is Federal 140gr loads. My RSI is an older model with the long throat for the heavier bullets.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN2978.jpg

The next pic showing two sets of groups is shooting My RSI 10/22.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN2979.jpg

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom