Anyone used Kel-tec service???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 9mm with front sight broke off. Anyone send in a Kel-Tec for service? if so, how was it?

What is the best way to mail it?

I have sent in a Kimber and S&W. Both OK and the S&W service was outstanding.

Thanks.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only experience has been thru thier website.
I asked about a part I lost and another one that broke.
Took them about two days to respond.
I guess they only have a couple people working on this.
Parts showed up the next day or so.
So my experience was positive.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best to fix it yourself.. call them, they will send the parts at no charge. They do answer emails but might take a couple days. If you send it back it might take quite a while depending...

The front sight is simply held on by melting the plastic pin that sticks down through the slide. If nothing else, use a nail heated on the stove. Very easy to replace.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can also just write them a letter and send the gun back via UPS. IT will take about 6 weeks to get your gun back.

Pugsley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been probably two years, but I was quite pleased with their response when I had a feeding issue with a P-11. They they replied to my e-mail within 24 hours saying to mail it to them with a written explanation of the problem. I did so and had a well-functioning pistol back in just under four weeks at no charge.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
update - Kel-Tec send me about three front sights and two back sights. I only asked for a front sight. they had it in the mail the day after i asked for it. no charge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom