Appleseed at Banner (Yukon/El Reno) March 26-27, 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were there till 6 PM. If everyone is as tired as I am they're probably asleep. Only reason I am not in bed yet is that I just got home from my sisters once a month family get together I had to go to after the shoot.
As far the shooting out there goes, I got my Riflemans patch. Someone else did too, but he can tell everyone about it.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man ... you guys must be pooped ... I figured someone would at least check in and give me a range report ... lol

BB, great meeting you, and thank you for the muffins. I had choclolate, was delicious.

Was a long COLD day. I learned I have a lot to learn. I spent too much time working (learning) 1st time using a sling and trying to get my body mechanics into correct positions which my short fat body doesn't like.

I also learned my 53 year old eyes and bifocals have a hard time with iron sites.

I have a lot to practice on, so basically "I stunk".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BB, great meeting you, and thank you for the muffins. I had choclolate, was delicious.

Was a long COLD day. I learned I have a lot to learn. I spent too much time working (learning) 1st time using a sling and trying to get my body mechanics into correct positions which my short fat body doesn't like.

Ditto, I think the chocolate ones actually kept us alive! Good thing you brought the muffins BB. Also glad I had a few extra layers of clothes in the trunk....

And ditto on the sling/body mechanics/irons. I have an aimpoint on my AR but made a decision to go strictly irons. Humbling is a good way to describe it. My 9 year old hung in there but the rifle's weight is still a bit much to handle so his groups were all over the place. BB was right about him being a sponge though...he was reciting the marksmanship steps to me on the way home while my teeth were still chattering and thinking about dinner and a hot shower LOL!

Time for coffee and to get ready for round two!

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I also learned my 53 year old eyes and bifocals have a hard time with iron sites.

I have a lot to practice on, so basically "I stunk".

I have to agree with this part BB, it is cool meeting people you've only talked to on the forums. If my wife could make muffins like that and a little chocolate milk I would say "yes dear" to almost anything.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with this part BB, it is cool meeting people you've only talked to on the forums. If my wife could make muffins like that and a little chocolate milk I would say "yes dear" to almost anything.

LOL ... You NEED to talk to my husband then!! I made him breakfast this morning when he came in from work and you know what he did?? Asked me if I was gonna give him a back rub before he went to sleep ... LOL ... there is NO pleasing that man!!

(In all fairness ... that was part of the "deal" when I got to quit working so I'm really just kinda fussing because I didn't negotiate better! haha!)

I really want to get started doing those (Appleseeds). How long did it take you to get your patch??

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You NEED to talk to my husband then!! I made him breakfast this morning when he came in from work and you know what he did?? Asked me if I was gonna give him a back rub before he went to sleep ... LOL ... there is NO pleasing that man!!

(In all fairness ... that was part of the "deal" when I got to quit working so I'm really just kinda fussing because I didn't negotiate better! haha!)

I really want to get started doing those (Appleseeds). How long did it take you to get your patch??

I got lucky and got mine on the first day of the first Appleseed I went to. I was the first one there today after Harry. Then I wimped out and went home. I sure won't miss standing out in this weather.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lucky and got mine on the first day of the first Appleseed I went to. I was the first one there today after Harry. Then I wimped out and went home. I sure won't miss standing out in this weather.

Man ... no kidding ... I think it is colder today than yesterday.

First time out, huh?? I'm impressed. I was trying to dry fire with one of my pistols last night and I have lost so much strength that I can't even rack the slide ... boo hoo ... I can start doing PT with 1 lb weights next week. I tried to hold up the 10/22 just to fool around last night too and it was nigh on impossible. I am not sure I will be able to shoot Grandfield next month but I might come out ... just to get the lay of the land and see what I actually CAN handle.

At least the wind doesn't seem to be as bad ... hope everybody else is having a good time!!

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

First time out, huh?? I'm impressed. I was trying to dry fire with one of my pistols last night and I have lost so much strength that I can't even rack the slide ... boo hoo ... I can start doing PT with 1 lb weights next week. I tried to hold up the 10/22 just to fool around last night too and it was nigh on impossible. I am not sure I will be able to shoot Grandfield next month but I might come out ... just to get the lay of the land and see what I actually CAN handle.

At least the wind doesn't seem to be as bad ... hope everybody else is having a good time!!

slow down and take it easy...don't rush and don't overdo it...you gonna make yourself worse if ya ain't careful....I know ya miss it but you will be back soon enough

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Holy cow was it colder! Car guage said 35 when we ended up leaving at 1000. Mason's little feet just couldn't hack it....once he said they were going numb I knew it was time to bail out.

I was not sure what to expect, this being my first Appleseed and bringing a 9 year old. But it was worth it. Great concept and a great group of instructors.

We will be back, and I've got two other little ones itching to get their fingers on the trigger as soon as they get a little older.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy cow was it colder! Car guage said 35 when we ended up leaving at 1000. Mason's little feet just couldn't hack it....once he said they were going numb I knew it was time to bail out.

I was not sure what to expect, this being my first Appleseed and bringing a 9 year old. But it was worth it. Great concept and a great group of instructors.

We will be back, and I've got two other little ones itching to get their fingers on the trigger as soon as they get a little older.

Poor guy ... the fact that he went back out for a 2nd day in this is evidence of how much he likes it! You know he is welcome to go to Granfield if you get the chance to do it. I should have NEVER come out there yesterday ... I had convinced myself that I was "over" shooting and was ready to take up "quieter" hobbies ... yeah ... right ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom