Appleseed at USSA in Tulsa, April 7-8, 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So this is $70 for both days?
plus range fee of $10 for non members or $15 for members.
Is the range fee per day?
What is a AQT target and should a 10/22 have a scope or open sights.
What about the centerfire rifles like an AR, open sights or scoped.
I don't really thing i can see a small target at 100 yds, much less 300yds, without magnification.
Suggestions?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right Josh -- USSA's range fee is $10 for members, and $15 for non-members. OSA won't let me edit my post. In any case it is listed correctly on our online registration page.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that most shooting will be done at 25 yards. An AQT is a small target used in the Army Qualification Test. I am bringing a 10/22 and an AR for day two at 300 yards.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ASP, that is basically correct... it is meters rather than yards though (not much difference at these distances). The 25m Army Qualification Test is a target with reduced-size silhouettes that are the same size in your sight picture as real targets at 100, 200, 300, and 400m. A 10/22 and an AR would be perfect. On Sunday afternoon we will give you a chance to get a battle sight zero at 25m with the AR, and then we will hit the full distance range.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have enough shooters signed up to make a weekend of it, but there is still plenty more room on the line! Thursday is the last day to pre-register online. If you don't get pre-registered you can still come and pay at the gate, but you will have to pay an extra walk-on fee of $10 for the weekend, or $5 for one day only.

Get those center fires ready... the full distance shooting will be a blast!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it looks like we have a chance of rain tomorrow... I just want to remind everyone to bring rain gear, and pop-up covers if you have them, just in case. Tarps might also come in handy. Remember, at Appleseed, we shoot rain or shine! The only thing that will make us pack up is lightning or tornadoes. :D A Rifleman persists!

Latest posts

Top Bottom