Appleseed Rifle Class Oct 11-12 at Bone Creek Gun Club near Pittsburg, KS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say that I've been to an Appleseed and if anyone thinks they are over-priced, even at the "peon price" then they don't have a clue what rifle shooting is all about.

If you have never had any systematic instruction with a rifle, you will be amazed at how one or two days of solid instruction will help your shooting. If you have had some training in the past, you will also be surprised at how some coaching by experienced instructors will brush up your skills. Regardless of your skill level, I've never seen anyone NOT learn something from an Appleseed. If nothing else, it is a blast shooting those Army Qualification Tests, and seeing how you stack up with the other shooters. If you know what you're about and shoot Expert, you will walk home with our Rifleman's patch.

So many folks who have "been shooting for years" are convinced that it would be a waste of their time and money they never come out. Everyone loses if they never show up.

Word to all of that....great program. Anyone who thinks they are too good of a shooter to learn something or enjoy an Appleseed is just plain wrong. I had been shooting since I was a kid, and through more than two decades in the military, but I still learned a lot, corrected some bad habits, and earned my patch the first time I attended. It also gave my son a good introduction to basic marksmanship (maybe he won't develop the same habits as me lol).

I've got two more little ones that I need to bring to a 'Seed.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
That's something I convinced Fred to let us try to get more experienced shooters to give it a try. So many folks who have "been shooting for years" are convinced that it would be a waste of their time and money they never come out. Everyone loses if they never show up.

Either way Appleseed (hopefully) gains an experienced shooter who helps spread the word and maybe gains an instructor. That's worth $60.

I love this idea, I hope it catches on.

Somehow I seriously doubt the RWVA will be on the hook for too many freebies with this Rifleman's challenge.

I would really like to see some Appleseed info booths at events like the Oklahoma Wildlife Expo, Wanenmachers, etc.

[video=youtube_share;VIK19e6AZf8]http://youtu.be/VIK19e6AZf8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;NdY91hNtOAU]http://youtu.be/NdY91hNtOAU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;sMYQFpPovfQ]http://youtu.be/sMYQFpPovfQ[/video]

It would be really cool if there was an interactive booth where folks could try shooting a AQT with an air rifle.

I recently set up a Crosman 1077 with a sling(no click adjustable aperture sights, but the factory sights seem to be working just fine for my purposes), extra speedloaders, and an extra magazine for very cheap interactive practice at shorter range with these free scaled down 12 ft AQT targets.

One of the 12 gram CO2 powerlets works out to basically one AQT before the loss of velocity starts to have any noticeable effect on accuracy. To me, the 1077 long, heavy DA trigger is a pretty close approximation to the 10/22 factory trigger.

Crosman even offers discounted portable ranges, rifles and accessories for nonprofits to help qualified instructional groups start and build effective shooting programs.

http://www.crosman.com/EASY

Last edited:

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been that way since Appleseed started I think. The idea is that these folks tend to be the last to try something like Appleseed (thus the removal of one more obstacle) but also the ones who can most help the Appleseed long term goal of winning the "soft war" (hearts and minds to increase the appreciation of our liberty and the sacrifices it took to get us that liberty) so that we never have to resort to using the Second Amendment.

If a sheriff, county commissioner, mayor or other "person of influence" have attended an Appleseed chances are they'll come away with a much deeper appreciation of what our founders sacrificed to give us this nation and less likely to accept overreaching federal edicts into all facets of our lives. How awesome would that be!

Unfortunately we don't get too many elected officials so it's not like half the line is shooting for free. We do get a few lower level LEO's and a decent military representation. Personally if it helps our soldiers stay safer and gives them and the cops a little background into the origins of our heritage I'm OK with helping to underwrite that. Just think. Some day the patrol cop might be a chief and the E-4 could become an E-9.

An excellent response from a name I've not seen in many years! If I'm not mistaken I you used to help put together the KS shoots on The High Road back in the day? It's been some time since I've been to your range.

I won't be able to make this one but I'll keep my ear to the ground for your next Appleseed. It's been on my short-list of classes to take as I've never had true BRM instruction and it especially shows on shooting from kneeling and sitting.

Ek

Lomshek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
An excellent response from a name I've not seen in many years! If I'm not mistaken I you used to help put together the KS shoots on The High Road back in the day? It's been some time since I've been to your range.

I won't be able to make this one but I'll keep my ear to the ground for your next Appleseed. It's been on my short-list of classes to take as I've never had true BRM instruction and it especially shows on shooting from kneeling and sitting.

Ek

I spent some time on THR but it was our club founder Keyhole (aka Bob) who did all the work on those get togethers. I was a brand new member of the club way back then.

We'll probably have one in Jan or Feb as well and one in April/May if things work out. Be glad to have you whenever the time works for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom