Appleseed rifle marksmanship clinic at Afton, OK Nov. 10-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the AAR from last weekend's shoot in Afton, with some good pics: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=32838.0

Good times -- it was windy on Saturday, and windy, rainy, and cold on Sunday. One shooter persisted through the conditions and shot Expert with 218/250. Due to the near-freezing driving rain in which he shot his score, he was awarded the special Winterseed Rifleman patch, for those who shoot Expert in harsh winter conditions.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted the range request to Mike Seeklander USSA last week and am waiting on confirmation for a March date. We are looking at a possible September date there as well. I discussed having February and June events in Afton with Mike Nelson at Excalibur, and am awaiting final confirmation on exact weekends to work with their schedule. The Tri-City Gun Club is having a scheduling meeting later this month, where we will get dates for the 2013 Norman shoots... we are going to request April as well as October dates. I have yet to make contact with Bobby at Badlands Tactical, but it looks like a May shoot would work well with his schedule. I have talked with some boots on the ground in different locations, and hopefully some of those will pan out as well.

I have marked all the holidays, big gun shows, and the full auto shoot on my calendar, and those weekends will be avoided this time!

If anyone has any ideas on other locations where we might be able to have an Appleseed, PM or e-mail me with the contact info for the range owner, and feel free to give out my contact info to anyone. My e-mail is in my sig line.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough ... I just bought me a 15-22 from Fat Boy Tactical though!! I "NEED" a schedule so I can get GC to filling out leave slips ... LOL :wink2:

You know, I have to admit that I really didn't enjoy rifle shooting until I came to your thingee at Tri-City. You guys really, really made learning all that stuff fun and easy. Now I take the 10-22 every time we go to the range practically. Wasn't that way before ... so THANKS!! :)

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome... that's good to hear! I find that actually learning a system of fundamentals and having stuff to work on and practice makes any type of shooting a lot more enjoyable.

After you patch out with that .22, you really need to get a Mosin-Nagant and shoot Expert with it. I have my doubts as to whether a girl can do it ;) :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome... that's good to hear! I find that actually learning a system of fundamentals and having stuff to work on and practice makes any type of shooting a lot more enjoyable.

After you patch out with that .22, you really need to get a Mosin-Nagant and shoot Expert with it. I have my doubts as to whether a girl can do it ;) :D

ROFLMAO!! You know ... I hadn't thought of that ... Might just have to give that a whirl ... Just to see if a girl can ... You know ... :wink2:

BTW, Scott just got the Colt AR outta the patrol car ... I'm gonna have to give it a try this evening. Just so you know I'm practicing ...

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
henschman,
I visited the appleseed website and could not find a schedule of Appleseed classes for 2013.
Is this schedule available yet?
If not, do you know when it might be?

Latest posts

Top Bottom