Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic in Norman, March 19-20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come be a part of the rebirth of the American heritage of rifle marksmanship with Project Appleseed. We will be at the Tri-City Gun Club in Norman on March 19-20 for our weekend marksmanship clinic. Project Appleseed is focused on the fundamentals of field-style marksmanship -- how to turn your body into the most stable platform possible, execute the shot without moving the rifle, and get back on target as quickly as possible. Most of the shooting is done on 25 meter Army Qualification Test targets, so any rifle will work, whether rimfire or center fire. See how you stack up on the Army Qualification Test, and if you prove your mettle by scoring Expert, you will receive our prestigious Rifleman patch.

Project Appleseed is also devoted to teaching the story of how our heritage of marksmanship came to be, particularly the story of April 19, 1775 -- the first day of the Revolutionary War. You will hear this story like you never have before, and will be challenged to apply it's lessons to today's world.

Project Appleseed is suitable for all skill levels, from novice to expert, and for anyone who is old enough to safely handle a rifle. We are very family-friendly, and provide .22 LR loaner rifles to those who need them. We also sell .22 LR ammo at reasonable prices to those who are unable to find ammo. PM or email me to inquire about this.

Let us make you a more effective rifle shooter, regardless of your skill level or what style of shooting you do.

Link for detailed information and registration: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=201&id_event=4117

nuclearabe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come be a part of the rebirth of the American heritage of rifle marksmanship with Project Appleseed. We will be at the Tri-City Gun Club in Norman on March 19-20 for our weekend marksmanship clinic. Project Appleseed is focused on the fundamentals of field-style marksmanship -- how to turn your body into the most stable platform possible, execute the shot without moving the rifle, and get back on target as quickly as possible. Most of the shooting is done on 25 meter Army Qualification Test targets, so any rifle will work, whether rimfire or center fire. See how you stack up on the Army Qualification Test, and if you prove your mettle by scoring Expert, you will receive our prestigious Rifleman patch.

Project Appleseed is also devoted to teaching the story of how our heritage of marksmanship came to be, particularly the story of April 19, 1775 -- the first day of the Revolutionary War. You will hear this story like you never have before, and will be challenged to apply it's lessons to today's world.

Project Appleseed is suitable for all skill levels, from novice to expert, and for anyone who is old enough to safely handle a rifle. We are very family-friendly, and provide .22 LR loaner rifles to those who need them. We also sell .22 LR ammo at reasonable prices to those who are unable to find ammo. PM or email me to inquire about this.

Let us make you a more effective rifle shooter, regardless of your skill level or what style of shooting you do.

Link for detailed information and registration: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=201&id_event=4117
Going to try to go and bring all the boys. It's been a while.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Patriots Day Appleseeds in Oklahoma this year?

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=OK&statename=Oklahoma

Did USSA kick the RWVA to the curb?

No, we will have an April 16-17 Patriot's Day Appleseed at USSA... I just talked to them this morning. They may or may not let us use the 300 yard range this time though... there was some discussion of us not bringing in enough range fees to let us take over that facility for an afternoon. I will get it posted as soon as our IT guy gets it added to our website.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I had a good time (was the first Appleseed for the both of us)! Wished the clinic would have been run more like an intermediate carbine/pistol class (mainly hot range and CCW welcome during the class), but obviously I understand a big aim for the program is to get new people into shooting and kindle a love for firearms in the 'safest' way possible. It would've also been nice to see a theme of 'This is a foundational marksmanship class, it is your duty to continue to train for the (gun)fight that you might be involved in (especially if that means taking up arms in order to preserve liberty). I think a quick mention of the importance of speed, follow-up shots, shooting while moving, and similar concepts would have gotten some gears moving in people's heads about the realities of stopping a threat with a firearm.

Overall very pleased with the clinic and we will be sure it is not our last!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hawkman, I'm glad you and your wife had a good time. I wish the program could have a little bit different policies on some things too. Most of that is due to insurance requirements. I see the point of the cold line rule due to the wide range of age and experience that we sometimes have on the line, but I agree that it makes no sense to take this rule to the point of prohibiting CCW. You might have noticed that we state this rule at our events in order to keep our insurance coverage, but that we don't pat anybody down or run anybody through a metal detector. that's about all I'll say about that. As for the combat stuff, we might have been able to do a better job of saying what Appleseed is and isn't during the intro, and that we don't purport to teach anybody to be "combat ready" -- we just teach strong fundamentals that can be applied to any style of shooting. It might also be worth mentioning that there are many other types of training available out there, and that we hope our students will take advantage of some of them. Thanks for the feedback... I'll definitely take it into consideration. And good shooting!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom