Applied for renewal in Jan, 30-day grace period ends tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To elaborate, I applied for a renewal in early January in preparation for my license expiration on Feb 24. I'm well aware of the 30-day grace period, but that ends tomorrow and I still don't have my license yet. I thought the process was a bit more streamlined or else I would have taken care of it as early as I legally could, and I didn't realize that the current wait time for renewals is ~60 days, according to the website.

My background check would be done through OK County, and I understand they'll contact you if you get denied and so far, no contact. I have no reason to believe they would, any way. So I'm just thinking it's taking this long, but I'm also concerned that perhaps it got lost in the mail or something. Tomorrow is my last day to carry legally, too, which is another concern, though this is my fault for not being more proactive than I thought I already was.

So, for those of you in OK County that have renewed online recently. About how long was your turnaround from applying and having your license in hand?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grace period is now 90 days. You're good to go. Around 60-70 days is what I hear from most folks.

ETA: And based on the old info you're going off of, you didn't procrastinate, as you could only apply 30 days prior at that time as well.

TITLE 21 § 1290.5 TERM OF LICENSE AND RENEWAL
B. A license may be renewed any time within ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date as provided in this subsection. The Bureau shall send a renewal application to each eligible licensee with a return address requested. There shall be a ninety-day grace period on license renewals beginning on the date of expiration, thereafter the license is considered expired. However, any applicant shall have three (3) years from the expiration of the license to comply with the renewal requirements of this section.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this time, yes. 90 day grace period, cannot carry after the grace period. Have up to 3 years to renew, after that, it's considered an initial application again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom