1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

AR-10 Question

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by Ptbirshooter87, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Ptbirshooter87

Ptbirshooter87 Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So I just bought a PSA 10 gen3 and I’m wanting to upgrade the stock and handguard. I know that I have to get a AR-10 specific hand guard but what about the stock can I just buy an ar-15 stock? I’m finding very little stocks that say AR-10. Appreciate the help!

2. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.8%
    You can use regular AR15 stocks but then you have to use the shorter DPMS LR308 type buffers for either carbine or rifle length buffer.

MacFromOK and BobbyV like this.
  3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  4. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    PSA made use of just enough propriartary parts to be a PITA

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  5. Shinneryfarmer

Shinneryfarmer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Got a PSA GEN2 AR10 for Christmas. Don't ask, I didn't specify. Had issues at first but worked thru them to make it a good shooter. Mine came with a Mil spec buffer tube with M4 type 6 pos stock with no cheek weld. Had a Magpul ACS on a MP15 they swapped out didn't have to change buffer tubes. Now need to order another Magpul ACS to replace the one on the MP15.

6. devildog88

devildog88 Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have a gen 3 ar10 as well. So far I have replaced the flash hider with an EFAB, added a armaspec stealth recoil spring assembly, and i am look at replacing the stock next. So far all the upgrades have been really noticeable in performance gains( less recoil, smoother) but i think that is done. A different stock that rides a bag better or is adjustable would be nice, then maybe a better trigger. The 2-stage enhanced trigger isn't bad, but after shooting a buddy's rifle with a RA - 430, I was pretty jealous. Super smooth, 3.5 pounds.