AR-10 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptbirshooter87

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I just bought a PSA 10 gen3 and I’m wanting to upgrade the stock and handguard. I know that I have to get a AR-10 specific hand guard but what about the stock can I just buy an ar-15 stock? I’m finding very little stocks that say AR-10. Appreciate the help!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a PSA GEN2 AR10 for Christmas. Don't ask, I didn't specify. Had issues at first but worked thru them to make it a good shooter. Mine came with a Mil spec buffer tube with M4 type 6 pos stock with no cheek weld. Had a Magpul ACS on a MP15 they swapped out didn't have to change buffer tubes. Now need to order another Magpul ACS to replace the one on the MP15.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a gen 3 ar10 as well. So far I have replaced the flash hider with an EFAB, added a armaspec stealth recoil spring assembly, and i am look at replacing the stock next. So far all the upgrades have been really noticeable in performance gains( less recoil, smoother) but i think that is done. A different stock that rides a bag better or is adjustable would be nice, then maybe a better trigger. The 2-stage enhanced trigger isn't bad, but after shooting a buddy's rifle with a RA - 430, I was pretty jealous. Super smooth, 3.5 pounds.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always wanted a 10...but never ran across one. Liked my 15 but considered it too small for my hawg hunting. Don’t reload or even shoot any more but would buy a decent 10 if worth the money. BTW I voted 10😉

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My PSA Gen 3 AR-10 upper doesn't seem to be a fan of a fixed A2 rifle buffer . . . but I've only ran a couple of magazines through it and need to see about lubricating it a little more and trying a different mag. If that doesn't help I'll try a different buffer setup.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a gen 3 ar10 as well. So far I have replaced the flash hider with an EFAB, added a armaspec stealth recoil spring assembly, and i am look at replacing the stock next. So far all the upgrades have been really noticeable in performance gains( less recoil, smoother) but i think that is done. A different stock that rides a bag better or is adjustable would be nice, then maybe a better trigger. The 2-stage enhanced trigger isn't bad, but after shooting a buddy's rifle with a RA - 430, I was pretty jealous. Super smooth, 3.5 pounds.

Got mine with the SSA-E trigger and its crazy nice. Made me start upgrading all my other milspec triggers lol. All I've really done to mine is toss a yhm QD muzzle break on. Need to start fixing it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom