AR-15 build #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've started my 2nd AR-15 build and it's been a bit of a learning experience. In case anyone didn't already know, these things can get expensive if you're not careful! I stared at Surplus Ammo. And by the way these people are really nice to deal with. I bought their billet, flattop upper receiver and 1 of their nickel boron bolt carrier groups. Then I added a 16", stainless heavy barrel. It is a 1:7 twist with the polygonal rifling and a black oxide finish and the SAA 5.56mm Dragon's Head Muzzle Brake / Linear Compensator. I also got the 15" M-lock hand guard, the gas block and gas tube from them. From there I added a Magpul MBUS Pro LR rear flip up sight and a MBUS Pro front sight both of which I found on eBay. I picked up a Bravo Company Gunfighter ambidextrous charging handle from Cheaper Than Dirt (by the way, it wasn't cheaper than dirt) and this is what I have so far.
IMG_20190304_141621173~2.jpg IMG_20190304_141601179~2.jpg

Last edited:

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way everything you see in these pictures came from Surplus Ammo except for the sights and the charging
handle. I talked to them on the phone before I ordered and the told me to just order online and they would put it
all together for me and test fire it. That's exactly what they did. And even though I did not order the charging handle
from them,because the one I wanted was out of stock, they put a different one in it and shipped it with the rest of the
build and didn't charge me for it. This is that Dragon's Head Muzzle Break.
Dragons_Head_Gen1.jpg

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"they would put it all together for me" <-----what is this? That takes all the fun out of it.

I'm just kidding, good looking upper!

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May I ask what the total build cost is (minus optics)?
Well I don't really know the total cost as I haven't yet completed it. I've probably got $600 ln it and I'LL be upwards of a grand before I'm done. Gonna' try to hold it down or I'll have to space it out over a little more time. I just found that when you buy parts here and there and you have a liking for the high end stuff it can get away from you pretty quick. I could have gone with any trigger but I bought the Rise Armament single stage trigger with a 3.5 pound pull and a super fast re-set. Things like that add up.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice upper.

I have been taking my time trying to decide what I want to do for an upper to mate up with a Bushy complete lower that I've had for a while.

I'll have to check out Surplus Ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom