AR 15 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my dpms ar15 for about 8 years now last time I took it out it fires about 3 rounds then the bolt will close and not chamber the next round. I have tried different mags different ammo all with the same results. My first problem was it was dropping the case about half way out after firing causing a jam. I bought a new extractor spring and it seems to have fixed that but now I'm stumped on not chambering the next round... Any ideas?

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure your gas key is snug. If it is not then you need to tighten then up and properly stake it.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do i need to do to check the gas system I know at the top of the gas block it has what looks like gas marks.. It ejects the shell but will not put a new one in the chamber. I have to manually charge it every shot

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just checked it. It looks tight the little crimps that are on the screws still looked crimped down. I also started having the problem after i shot wolf steel cased ammo threw it. With the wolf it started jamming every shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom