AR 15 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On an 8 year old gun.....

Replace your WORN OUT buffer spring and you'll be back up and running.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On an 8 year old gun.....

Replace your WORN OUT buffer spring and you'll be back up and running.

I replaced the spring about 3 years ago. But I will buy a new one as soon as I can find one. Also when i was taking it apart i noticed there was no pin holding the gas tube to the gas block so I just went and picked one up.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the gas block off today and i don't see any extra holes or cracks. it is very dirty im going to go get some long pipe cleaners and clean it all up.

The gas port pressure on a 20" barrel AR is over 19,000 PSI (the shorter carbine barrels are even higher). There is nothing in the gas tube that you are going to remove with a pipe cleaner that would not have been blown out by the gas pressure.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gas port pressure on a 20" barrel AR is over 19,000 PSI (the shorter carbine barrels are even higher). There is nothing in the gas tube that you are going to remove with a pipe cleaner that would not have been blown out by the gas pressure.

I bought the pipe cleaners and they came out just as clean as they went in. The pin i bought from the local gun shop did not fit so i just ordered one from dpms for .25 cents. he said it should be here Monday. I cant believe a little .25 cent pin was causing the problem. we will see next week. Thanks again for all your guys help.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy the pin i need that hold the gas tube to the sight that would get it to be by friday? I ordered it from dpms they told me it would be here today. I called them and they have not ever processed the order yet.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy the pin i need that hold the gas tube to the sight that would get it to be by friday? I ordered it from dpms they told me it would be here today. I called them and they have not ever processed the order yet.

I have a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom