AR-15 pistol and a VFG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was in, say, Nevada, which is part of the 9th circuit court, I'd lay down that case in the opening argument of the trial court and say: I win. Anyway, I'd get free legal defense since this would be a criminal case.

They could appeal it. Ok. The appeals court would probably rule the same way as that is what they're supposed to do.

They could bring it all the way to the supreme court. I could put on my resume that I argued a case in front of SCOTUS. :D

You're right in that nothing will really prevent a law enforcement agency from arresting me, you, or anyone. But attempting to prosecute when there's a clear ruling against them? Unlikely.

MANY NFA dealers and non-registered firearms owners thought that way and went to federal prison over their "principles". The ATF has a special dispensation towards imprisoning those who attempt to test their authority. It's easily referenced on the interwebz, just google the subject and you'll find tons of info. They tried VERY hard to get Doug Friesen Esq. in OKC. It cost him a lot of time, money and effort to ultimately plead out to a misdemeanor "failing to keep accurate records as an FFL".

Google "Johhnie lawmaster ATF case". He didn't do anything wrong at all and look at how it turned his life upside down.

It's one thing to challenge an ATF legal position in the courts outright. It's another entirely to do so as a defendant. NEVER get behind the 8 ball if you can help it! :(

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Koshinn-

I was young and full of principles once too. The guy with principles is honorable, but seldom if ever wins. He becomes a 15 year love toy, most of the time.

If you are going to bother with the paperwork, just spend the $200, and make it an SBR. You can put all the grips, as well as stocks on there that you want then. Nobody wins against the ATF. Ask Bill Akins. They make their own rules, and change them as they please. Look at the recent Saiga 12 stuff.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I already sent in my SBR paperwork, but I enjoy legal issues like this. I really don't care if it's legal or not, but I like proving people wrong... especially agencies.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Koshinn-

I was young and full of principles once too. The guy with principles is honorable, but seldom if ever wins. He becomes a 15 year love toy, most of the time.

If you are going to bother with the paperwork, just spend the $200, and make it an SBR. You can put all the grips, as well as stocks on there that you want then. Nobody wins against the ATF. Ask Bill Akins. They make their own rules, and change them as they please. Look at the recent Saiga 12 stuff.

So...whats up with the saiga 12 stuff? cant have a drum or what? too many people duck hunting with 50 rounds of ammo?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
MANY NFA dealers and non-registered firearms owners thought that way and went to federal prison over their "principles". The ATF has a special dispensation towards imprisoning those who attempt to test their authority. It's easily referenced on the interwebz, just google the subject and you'll find tons of info. They tried VERY hard to get Doug Friesen Esq. in OKC. It cost him a lot of time, money and effort to ultimately plead out to a misdemeanor "failing to keep accurate records as an FFL".

Google "Johhnie lawmaster ATF case". He didn't do anything wrong at all and look at how it turned his life upside down.

It's one thing to challenge an ATF legal position in the courts outright. It's another entirely to do so as a defendant. NEVER get behind the 8 ball if you can help it! :(

Koshinn-

Thanks a LOT! I think my blood pressure just doubled...

Latest posts

Top Bottom