AR-15 Slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've run single points for a couple years and I just switched to a two point sling from Blue Force Gear. It is the Vickers sling I'm sure a lot of you have heard about or used. I am really digging the two point config. I ended up getting the padded version with sewn in QD swivels. I can't recommend it enough so far. Hopefully I'll get to test it out properly at the carbine match next weekend.

What kinds of slings do you guys run on your ARs and what do you like or dislike about them or other types of slings you've run. Please save us the copy/pasta from ARFcom. I'd like to hear some real experiences.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got rid of my MS2 and ASAP combo for the vickers setup. The MS2 is a good idea, but poorly executed IMO. It isn't very comfortable. It needs wider webbing and to be a little more robust. I did like the ASAP plate system though. It worked well.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im fixing to order the magpul sling and the asap plate. Was this one you have used in the past?

I run an MS2 and ASAP on my patrol rifle. I absolutely love it. IMO, it's very versatile. Can go from a 1 point to a 2 point in seconds. It's comfortable and so far have stood up to the training I've put it through. It's got a quick detach that I thought was weak, but has not given up on me yet. It's very reasonable in price also!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too run the MS2 with ASAP plate. I've got a very ATAS zip tie that I use on my rail because I like my sling in the two point configuration all the time. I haven't had time to order the RSA, but I need 3 of them. The zip ties sometimes break.