AR-15 Slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for the Vickers 2 point. Maximum flexibility of carry/firing positions while still retaining the ability to secure the weapon to the body when needed...something I found single points don't do well.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a link for the Vickers for the best price? I am looking at them, and don't know what direction to go. To be honest, I have a GI web sling on mine now, like it OK for use, just would like a new toy .......

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using a generic single-point sling. However, I'm going to pick up a 2-point sling from Viking Tactics (Kyle Lamb). It looks like it has a lot going for it - very versatile and adjustable.

I do like the single-point, except for the fact that it doesn't secure the rifle to the body very well. Running with the gun slung and hands free isn't very easy with a single-point!

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used the VTAC and liked it except for the long strap that hung down whenever you cinched the rifle up against you. Other than that, I liked it a lot.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three VCAS 2 point slings, a padded for my heavy gun and two unpadded for the lighter ones, plus a UDC single point for my 8" Saiga. I'm very happy with all of them.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using a generic single-point sling. However, I'm going to pick up a 2-point sling from Viking Tactics (Kyle Lamb). It looks like it has a lot going for it - very versatile and adjustable.

I do like the single-point, except for the fact that it doesn't secure the rifle to the body very well. Running with the gun slung and hands free isn't very easy with a single-point!
Go with the Vickers over the VTAC. When the VTAC is cinched down, it has an annoying tail of excess material.

For my setup, I run the MS2 with ASAP and a VTAC. On my shotty I have a modified VTAC that is the same principle as the MS2. I'm actaully going to order a Boonie Packer sling for $15. It is the same basic design as the VCAS but much cheaper. They can be modified to the same concept as the MS2 with MASH/HK hooks and a D ring. I love the ability to go from 2 to 1 point on slings. Single point slings have their place and work well for CQ stuff and support side transitions, but I'm more a fan of 2 points. So being able to switch between the two is ideal for me.

Cc1394

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the vickers on an 870 and a blackhawk single point on my ar. I love them both. The vickers seems more stable and single point is quicker