AR-15 Slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I will just have to try out a Ching sling then! My opinions on them are admittedly just based on photos and descriptions. I do see how an enterprising individual could easily design a variation on the sling that integrates a 2-point tactical sling in the place of the long strap.

The GI web sling with a QD attachment on front works great for me, but I do like to try different things.

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the VTAC sling and it works pretty well for me. When I bought it, I'd never heard of the Vickers. I just roll of the excess line at the end and velcro it. I don't need all of the movement it provides, so when I cinch it down, there isn't much dangling anyways.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've run single points for a couple years and I just switched to a two point sling from Blue Force Gear. It is the Vickers sling I'm sure a lot of you have heard about or used. I am really digging the two point config. I ended up getting the padded version with sewn in QD swivels. I can't recommend it enough so far. Hopefully I'll get to test it out properly at the carbine match next weekend.

What kinds of slings do you guys run on your ARs and what do you like or dislike about them or other types of slings you've run. Please save us the copy/pasta from ARFcom. I'd like to hear some real experiences.

I use the exact one you have for both patrol and SWAT.

Initially I used a single point for SWAT because of all the time we spent in vehicles with your rifle but as time went on I found it was better to be un-slung in the vehicle anyway so I went back to the Vickers for everything.

Michael Brown

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alittle back from the dead but I really like my VTAC I just roll up the extra and zip tie it into a ball that make it easy to grab. I need another sling and I thing I am going to try the Vickers form my shotgun.

Dustin