AR/AK Pistol/Rifle for Car/truck gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably more people than you could imagine are concerned about things that are going on in this country and are armed with more than a pistol in their vehicle. I wish it weren't so but facing reality is something we all need to do...

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably more people than you could imagine are concerned about things that are going on in this country and are armed with more than a pistol in their vehicle. I wish it weren't so but facing reality is something we all need to do...

Amen!

And for the OP and anyone else --- keep a bit of situational awareness in mind, make sure your stuff personally is in order (vehicle insurance for break ins , homeowners or renters insurance for the contents of your vehicle, - and most importantly - dont frequent places where that is much of a concern ) -- we cant control other people but that is no reason to fippantly leave our stuff unlocked with a sign that says "Hey - Nighthawk 1911 under the seat !!!!! "' We cant stop anybody from doing anything illegal and it could happen anywhere theoretically
but dont have any gun-centric decals on the rig anywhere or any other "tells"

This is the perfect place to keep that janky ass Palmetto AR or RIA 1911 , Glock etc -- something that is a solid shooter , but not something you'll cry about too much

And also evaluate how much time you really have to spend in places you have to worry about it that much because that should be a secondary consideration to the real issue of why you would want to pull a carbine from the back in the first place ---
- plus if you're AO is bad enough to pack a carbine -- a solid first aid kit would probably be nice too -- i started packing a first aid kit after an incident i wasnt prepared for -- and i have used it twice for much more pedestrian reasons than a shooting --
came upon a group of downed cyclists in the road on my way home one night -- just an accident when one bumped handlebars and 7 of them went down -- i was there at the right time and the neosporin and alcohol wipes came in handy - that sort of thing - as a example

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and opinions. I'd like to think that I have situational awareness, I carry daily and I don't leave firearms unlocked in my car. I was thinking more of a SHTF/bugout bag in the trunk with a compact AR pistol, firstaid kit and anything else I can use. But I also know that I'd be leaving it in my car while at work or at the mall, etc... I know I can't control a thief that wants my stuff but I also don't want my AR to end up in the hands of a 16 year old wannabe gangbanger.
These comments have made me consider not so much an AR, but maybe more mags and ammo in the bag. Enough to get me home so I can grab my primary gear.

Thanks again for your input gents!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people would probably be better served with a comfortable pair of shoes, food, water, first aid kit, jump pack, basic hand tools, extra clothing depending on the weather etc…before a rifle would do them any good. All of that can be kept long term without fear of theft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom