AR build Question ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Def - I did an online search for 308 barrel nut shims found Aero and Bison , Aero is out of stock ,ordered 2 sets from Bison , Found on Aero site they ship shims with the M5 handguards ,destoyed one ,the other 3 is just not enough to do it . Checked with the shop at 101st and elm they don't stock them

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Def - I did an online search for 308 barrel nut shims found Aero and Bison , Aero is out of stock ,ordered 2 sets from Bison , Found on Aero site they ship shims with the M5 handguards ,destoyed one ,the other 3 is just not enough to do it . Checked with the shop at 101st and elm they don't stock them
Most handguard setups are going to a system where the rail attaches to the nut via a clamp. No need to align anything for the gas tube just torque to spec and install. however I do still have shims for AR15's on hand but none for AR 10

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mocked up waiting on barrel nut shims --
Aero M5 upper
Aero M5 Atlas 15" M lok handguard
Aero gas block & tube
Nikon Buckmaster 2 4-12 x40
Seeking perfection muzzle brake
Aero scope mount

Attachments

• 20190820_140358.jpg
    20190820_140358.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 204

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've built 4 or 5 Aero M5's but used their "builder's kit" upper/lower. used ballistic advantage barrels on all of em but one and it had an 18" ARP barrel. two of the builder's kits were there fancy design of the month that were cerekoted. only other difference in your basic build list and mine is the gas block. i always used SLR adjustable blocks. never had to shim anything except flash hiders that might need clocking.

does Aero still offer the different barrel nut to use under certain circumstances? i always used the one that came with the builder's kit, the other i think was for clamp on style handguards.

reads like you're gonna have a great shooter

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aero M5 series is their 308 based line, atlas is their clamped free-float handguard and ship with shims, apparently Aero know M5 atlas needs to be shimmed to line up the barrel nut gas tube nocks . Most of the parts came from primary arms ,other than the handguard from AR15 discount . Right now it will go on my PSA gen 1 308 lower till I get around to doing a Aero lower with Magpul prs stock and LaRue trigger

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aero M5 series is their 308 based line, atlas is their clamped free-float handguard and ship with shims, apparently Aero know M5 atlas needs to be shimmed to line up the barrel nut gas tube nocks . Most of the parts came from primary arms ,other than the handguard from AR15 discount . Right now it will go on my PSA gen 1 308 lower till I get around to doing a Aero lower with Magpul prs stock and LaRue trigger

i know that, up until last year we were dealers, may still be...haven't bought anything from them lately

Latest posts

Top Bottom