AR builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Tromix the place to go for a .458 upper? I'm not a reloader, best source for ammo?

there are other MFG.s that have the .458 parts to build/buy an upper, there is a .458 forum (http://458socomforums.com/index.php) that has a wide range of information and resources
RRA has a couple of choices as well as wilson combat, tromix was on the ground floor on the development of the .458 and has propriatory <sp> claims that some of the MFG.s don't stay within their specs for the barrel and chamber

ammo is hit & miss as far as factory loaded and is priced around $2 a round (some times more)
reloading is a shock at first, new brass is $.85 +/- a round, bullets range from $.40 ~ 1.00 each +/-, powder availability is spotty with several of the caliber specific favorites, primers are the only constant price wise

it's a caliber that's fun to shoot, just kinda pricey ( but we didn't start in this hobby to save money...................right ?:doh:)

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built 2 AR's in 7.62X39 and I am contemplating selling my AK's. Really love the accuracy and reliability of them after 1500 rounds through both of them.

At the store (camo corner) we sell the radical firearms uppers, but what's been popular lately has been the 458 socom uppers. They're very cool. One of my buddies built a 12.7 x 42 (beowulf) also from radical firearms and he loves that thing!

What kind of warranty are you giving with your Radical Arms uppers seeing that they have such a bad reputation?

camoguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built 2 AR's in 7.62X39 and I am contemplating selling my AK's. Really love the accuracy and reliability of them after 1500 rounds through both of them.

What kind of warranty are you giving with your Radical Arms uppers seeing that they have such a bad reputation?

Mouthpiece - Radical Firearms offers a lifetime warranty.

From their website;
Warranty Disclaimer
Radical Firearms manufactured or branded products come with a limited lifetime warranty granted to the original owner of the product. This warranty is non-transferable. Radical Firearms products are warranted to be free of manufacture and workmanship defects. Under this warranty Radical Firearms upon inspection will repair or replace a product due to any defects found in material or workmanship.

There's a misconception about gun shops though, we offer no warranty. It would be impossible, we would be broke. We will help you fill out any warranty information, provide receipts, contact manufacturers and even help get your return labels printed. But any warranty with any gun comes only from the manufacturer.
Sure, if you go out and pull the trigger on a brand new gun and it doesn't work we'll take it back and give a refund.
Anyways, after selling upwards of a dozen radical firearms uppers and having no issues whatsoever, I like them.
but.... we also sell the Rock River rifles in 458 socom, top rate gun, but it's a complete rifle in the price range of 1200 - 1400 dollars.

That's just what we do.

Also, a side note to all interested in 458 socom, make sure you avoid CORBON ammo as it has been ruining 458's.

Anyways, that's our story, hope that answers any questions for what we do mouthpiece.

Thank You!

Latest posts

Top Bottom