AR LPK’s - which brands to avoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the title says. I know there are TONS of LPK brands out there that are GYG, but wondering which ones to avoid with the current market. I highly doubt I’ll be using the FCG from any LPK, as I plan to use a drop in trigger.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty to add to a do not buy list but I'm not sure. I will say CMMG makes nice stuff that is priced right. If you are looking for a parts kit that your life will depend on, take a look at EGW. They make incredible parts.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was very dissatisfied with the last one I purchased. It was made by KE Arms. (I didn't see their name on the packaging.) It is sold in a clear bag with OD green insert that is labelled "GI PARTS KIT."

The selector and selector detent are trash. I had to stone the hammer hook in order to get it anywhere near as smooth as most mil-spec triggers.

I've had better luck with Anderson kits than the KE Arms kit.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second the CMMG recommendation. Of course, I got mine for free from my son. He won it at the legendary AR build party back in 2015. I finally assembled it last August. I haven't run any ammo through the gun yet, what with COVID and the ammo shortage, but I hope to do so soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom