AR Scope choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna mount a scope on my AR and I'll probably go with a 1x?. My thinking is with 1x I won't need any BUIS. Most of my shooting is in the 100 yd category, so a 1x3 would work fine.

I have a red dot I can use, but my bad eyes and a red dot just leaves a blurry red blob which covers any distant target. One day I'll get my cataracts fixed, but for now I'm stuck.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at a VISM 1-4x24 Evolution and a Millet 1-4x, 24mm DMS Multi Coat Rifle Scope. Both run about $200. VISM is NCStar. I really don't want to buy Chinese but I guess Millet is made there, too.

Anyway, has anyone had experience with either of these?

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That 1-4 Millett weighs more than the Nikon, it fact it weighs well over a pound without any durability to go with it. The DMS scopes in my personal experience are poor choices. I had 2 that both had to go back, one for fog the other for the reticle coming loose. Two buddies also had to send scopes back, both for the reticle coming loose.

In a 1-4 the cheapest scope I'd consider buying is the Burris Tac30, up from there you have the Burris MTAC and the Vortex 1-4. Ive been there and I understand not wanting to spend a lot on an optic, but I'd rather eat cheap for a few months and get a better value for what I spend. You also need to budget for a quality mount with a 1-4 on an AR.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Nikon N-223 on my AR and I love it. A buddy got the smaller P-223 for his and I like both. The P-223 is smaller, fixed variable and cheaper. They both have handy recitals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom