AR scope mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The extra cash is for the beer opener, dillo dust, copy of the constitution, and stickers!!

Seriously though, Larue makes a damn fine product. And I don't think I have a false sense that what I own is better. I know it is...

I'm sure it's a damn fine product, but so is my Burris P.E.P.R. And I find it hard to believe that spending an extra $200 on a Larue would make a truly noticable difference in any civilians shooting ability. It sounds to me like you are paying for the name, kind of like folks that buy Spikes Tactical gear.

Heck, on my AR, I thought that the Burris was splurging...I was going to slap a set of $10 Weavers from Wal-Mart on it, but I wanted to be one of the cool kids with the fancy scope mounts.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Larue mount which most resembles the PEPR is only $160, so stop with the $200 more expensive stuff.

The Larue is a better made product from top to bottom. I've tried the Burris, it's a decent mount but I found that my windage zero would wander over multiple days. I also had it change from dropping the rifle in a dump bucket at a 3 gun match. The Larues are rock solid, no zero shifting from bumps and you can remove the whole mess and it goes right back on without an issue. The PEPR also does not move the scope far enough forward for me to shoot comfortably. I can't tell you how many people have shouldered my 3 gun rifle and been giddy about the fact that their head can just fall on the stock naturally without having to scoot back and deal with eye relief. I want my scope's eyepiece to sit forward of the charging handle by an inch or so, with the 1-4's I like to use the PEPR wont do that. Capping it off with the fact that's made in Texas by a group of people who will bend over backwards with fantastic customer service, I will always put my optics in Larue mounts.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stop being reasonable GT. Don't you KNOW that quality gear shouldn't cost more?! Don't you know that quality materials and design should be cheap!? That's why eveyrhing cheap is just as good the expensive stuff and everybody should buy the cheap stuff becauae everybody's situation is the same! Duh GT. Just duh.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a damn fine product, but so is my Burris P.E.P.R. And I find it hard to believe that spending an extra $200 on a Larue would make a truly noticable difference in any civilians shooting ability. It sounds to me like you are paying for the name, kind of like folks that buy Spikes Tactical gear.

Heck, on my AR, I thought that the Burris was splurging...I was going to slap a set of $10 Weavers from Wal-Mart on it, but I wanted to be one of the cool kids with the fancy scope mounts.

I've had both. Or, rather, I've had the PEPR and still have the Larue. I'm not bashing the PEPR mount. It's a decent mount. However, to say it is on par with the Larue mount is just false. Sorry man. And you're looking at ~$80 more for the Larue mount over a PEPR. Is the Larue mount worth the $80 difference, hell yes it is! Obviously I cannot convince you of this.

Also, why would you buy a mount to be one of the "cool kids"? Both the PEPR and Larue SPR mount serve a purpose, and it sure as hell ain't to be fancy. If you didn't have a need to have your scope mounted in a more forward position, you should have just bought the standard rings. Of course, I would recommend something like Seekins instead of a cheap pair from wal-mart...

Latest posts

Top Bottom