AR Scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6x with 24mm objective gives a 4mm exit pupil. The human eye can dilate to 7mm so the most light humans can handle through a 6x would require a 42mm objective. But let's not let physics and math get in the way of Mr. Tacticool and his racist rants.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Nikons. Also with unlimited no fault warranty.
Like the Monarch model that got broke in half when I had to make a decision to drop my rifle or continue to slide down the face of a steep slope on a hunt. The rifle fell another 50' or so landing directly on the scope.
Sent it in to Nikon without a receipt, and they sent me another Monarch 6X24X50 for $10 to cover shipping.
Pretty cheap junk those Monarchs are. Lol.
Monarchs are actually pretty nice scopes... not what I'd call junk at all. They were better about 10 years ago when they were made in Japan, but even now they are being made by a Japanese owned operation in the Phillipines and are on the upper tier of Phillipine glass, which is known for solid mid-range glass and good for the money (the Vortex PST line is made there too).

I'm partial to those Asian made scopes with the Bushnell brand. I've been beating the **** out of them for about 25 years and have no complaints whatsoever.
Don't make the mistake of lumping all Asian made scopes into the same category. There is a BIG difference between glass made in China versus the Philippines versus Japan. A big firm like Bushnell sources products from all 3, to cover all their price points. Their highest end scopes are made by LOW in Japan, which turns out some of the best glass around. Their XRS was the top scope for the PRS last year, and their HDMR series is still pretty popular in those circles as well.

I have a Bushnell elite on a Win Pre 64 classic in .270.
Cheap gun, cheap scope......lol.
Well the Classic was probably cheap when you bought it anyway! ;-)

Those older Bushnell Elites were some really good glass for the money, back when they were made for Bushnell by Bausch & Lomb in Japan. Unfortunately they recently moved production of that line to China and have cheapened the product quite a bit. Sadly that's something we've seen a lot of in the industry as mfg's are caught between price inflation and a public that is increasingly cheapass and less discerning as to a quality product. The fact is, the Chinese crap sells like hotcakes, as you can tell from this thread.

As for the brave SJWs in here who called me raciss, did they by any chance ever teach you the definition of that word at any point in your liberal education? I'm not saying I ain't, or even that I think it's a bad thing, but what I'm saying in here (that a certain country's optical products are inferior, when they in fact are), and using a derogatory word for Chinese Communist, ain't it.

Jesus Christ, the stuff you hear even gun guys say these days.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the brave SJWs in here who called me raciss, did they by any chance ever teach you the definition of that word at any point in your liberal education? I'm not saying I ain't, or even that I think it's a bad thing, but what I'm saying in here (that a certain country's optical products are inferior, when they in fact are), and using a derogatory word for Chinese Communist, ain't it.

Jesus Christ, the stuff you hear even gun guys say these days.

IDGAF what your rationale is... you can justify whatever the hell you want to yourself. But please keep derogatory racial slurs off this site. Those of us who are real men and respect people and actually want to make the world a better place, as opposed to knee-jerk political correctness, don't want to be associated with people who use terms like that and think it's ok. That doesn't make me a SJW, it makes you look like a racist redneck. Has nothing to do with the quality of Chinese glass, it has to do with people like you who continue to feed the fire and fan the flames of division and idiocy.

So, please, PLEASE... don't use that terminology here. If you want to continue to justify language like that, I am sure there are plenty of places on the intarwebz where you can find people just like you.

<edit> And if you think you have to be a racist redneck to be a "gun guy", then I'd be happy to be counted out of that group. Or at least your group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom