AR upper lapping tool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I placed, yet another, Midway order the other day and threw in an upper lapping tool. Its only $23 and after seeing how uneven most cast uppers are machined I figured it would be a good idea to start using it on new assemblies. Cant hurt. Along with the fact Im going to start bedding AR barrels on everything I put together. We did a barrel of my friends AR last weekend. Not sure if it helped but it sure didnt hurt.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i42.tinypic.com_20psi9k.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do use the accu wedges in all of mine but that want what I was referring to. I was talking about bedding the barrel to the upper receiver. You use something such as blue locktite or gasket shellac on the barrel extension then insert into the receiver and torque barrel nut to spec. Watch for excess material that could be pushed into the receiver. Let cure for 24 hours. Barrel is bedded to your receiver.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hhhmmm I was wondering my my military friend was commenting on how tight my lower fit to my upper he said he never seen one that tight.
My lower is an 80%.
I have seen some that really rocked back and forth..I suppose this or a chunk of tire sidewall could fix the issues.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hhhmmm I was wondering my my military friend was commenting on how tight my lower fit to my upper he said he never seen one that tight.
My lower is an 80%.
I have seen some that really rocked back and forth..I suppose this or a chunk of tire sidewall could fix the issues.

The accu wedge is super cheap and works. But that wasnt the bedding i was talking about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom