AR15 worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all! I acquired an AR15 a couple of years ago by trading an old laptop. I know that this is a lower end AR, but does anyone have a value that this thing might be worth today? I know I should of been asking this a few months ago, as I'm sure the value would be quite a bit higher.

It has a Rock River lower and a DPMS barrel. That is really all I know about it.

Thanks in advance.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Travis,

You need more specs as in what is the round count, handling marks, etc. but as I pontificated during the runup that would value this rifle at $1500 minimum just a few months ago, this is a free market (Somewhat) economy and it is worth exactly what someone would pay for it today and not a penny more or less.

Good luck and shoot it even if you sell it!

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks to be a bull barrel .... I am betting 1:8 twist..20'.... rock river lower.... my guess.. $850.. depending on the shape of the barrel.... the no detachable carry handle will lower it a bit.... Me .. I would keep it and swap out the stock and go with rail system on the hand guards.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a bushmaster exactly like that. In my young and stupid years I sold it for $500 after trading it for a WASR-10. I tried to sell it to medlocks and they accused me of having a stolen gun.

I'd say around $700

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Travis,

You need more specs as in what is the round count, handling marks, etc. but as I pontificated during the runup that would value this rifle at $1500 minimum just a few months ago, this is a free market (Somewhat) economy and it is worth exactly what someone would pay for it today and not a penny more or less.

Good luck and shoot it even if you sell it!

The only way I would agree with your "$1500 Minimum" estimate is if he had 2 of them.

And that would possibly still be too high.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way I would agree with your "$1500 Minimum" estimate is if he had 2 of them.

And that would possibly still be too high.

I am guessing he meant during the height of the 'panic'. Around January that gun would have brought $1500 with multiple people waving cash in your face at any gun show.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agree with the around $6-700. and the comment about parts inside, like buffer tube, BCG etc....could part things out and make a little more if its hiding those jingle words like KAC, LMT, BCM, Colt, etc

cheers for the trunk gun

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am guessing he meant during the height of the 'panic'. Around January that gun would have brought $1500 with multiple people waving cash in your face at any gun show.

Danke, that's exactly what I meant. Value is the convergence of the supply and demand curve at a particular point in time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom