Are Oklahomans Armed In The Open 1 Year After Open Carry Became Legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some people are saying if the gun is carried responsibly in a high-quality holster, especially a retention holster, etc., then they are exhibiting some outward qualities that show they are being conscientious and affording extra care to the carry and security of their weapon. Gang-bangers and careless bubbas aren't likely to go out and spend big bucks on a Desantis or something to lug around their SCCY or HiPoint. So it's not saying that if you don't have expensive holsters you're scum, but for sure, irresponsible posers and bad guys don't spend money on that kind of stuff.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think some people are saying if the gun is carried responsibly in a high-quality holster, especially a retention holster, etc., then they are exhibiting some outward qualities that show they are being conscientious and affording extra care to the carry and security of their weapon. Gang-bangers and careless bubbas aren't likely to go out and spend big bucks on a Desantis or something to lug around their SCCY or HiPoint. So it's not saying that if you don't have expensive holsters you're scum, but for sure, irresponsible posers and bad guys don't spend money on that kind of stuff.
Loll, I thought my Desantis was cheap. I get it tho. But then I dont. Its basically nobody business same as anything else. I was just curious. I drive a $100k sports car but I wear about $100 worth of clothes on while doing it. Makes no sense same as just about anything I else I do. If I was to OC tho, which is unlikley I ever will in the city, but I may out here in the sticks in town. I have cheapo deapo nylon holsters as well as more expensive ones to choose from when I do I just dont like people making assumptions based on the worth of the gear.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen four or five people OC since the law changed. The last guy was a cowboy looking fellow that had a glock in a belt slide hoster. No retention to it whatsoever.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One guy I work with OCs off the clock and there's a WWII vet here who carries his 1911. I'd like to open carry when my permit comes in or if the bill passes before it, but I need a suitable gun first lol.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just an OC family in Lawton this past weekend.
A dad, mom, and three young children - mom and dad were both OCing well-holstered weapons a 1911 for dad, not sure for mom (and I didn't want to stare at her hips for a better look).

Latest posts

Top Bottom