Are people disappointed with the Glock 43?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, as an alternative, with many improvements, alterations, it seems to work fine.......... ;)

I think it's fine out of the box, but the 3.5 ghost connector. 25 cent trigger job and having shot it a lot just made it better...as in the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antny

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been a glock fan. I have owned two previously and they did fine but I am a big sig and HK fan. Saying that I also had a shield that concealed well but did not like how it shot. I have recently picked up a 43 and it did need just a little work to make it the perfect carry piece for me. I did not like the grip feel bit a hogue grip fixed that. I also did the ghost bar and 25 cent trigger job and it shoots like a dream. I also added a burris fastfire 2 site and have 2 inch groups at 15 yards. My wife liked it so much she wanted one also. We sold her .38 bodyguard and that gun was just not pleasant to shoot. I outfitted hers identical to mine minus the burris site. She did get a set of tru glo night sights though. We are very happy with the 43.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, I think why people are dissapointed with it is because everyone knows Glock could've done better with it. They could've added one or two extra rounds to it but they left it at a retawdid lil 6 shot. You might as well carry a revolver. That's why I prefer the M&P Shield, the Walther PPS, and the Sig P239 and the three top notch single stacks.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do sometimes carry a revolver. But the weight, ergos, and general Glockness of the 43 makes it the winner in this category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO, I think why people are dissapointed with it is because everyone knows Glock could've done better with it. They could've added one or two extra rounds to it but they left it at a retawdid lil 6 shot. You might as well carry a revolver. That's why I prefer the M&P Shield, the Walther PPS, and the Sig P239 and the three top notch single stacks.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

The G43 carries 40% more ammo than a j-frame, with the flat mag baseplate. With a +2 baseplate that is fine for most anything other than pant pocket carry, the G43 has 80% more ammo. I'm fairly sure Glock's constraints on mag capacity were not for fun, but for functional reasons. With 6+1, 7+1, and 8+1 variants available; I don't see what the issue is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom