Are you prepared for nuclear war?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that NWSS has been linked to, I don't need to do it. But there are a whole bunch of myths about nuclear war, and this book does a good job dispelling them.

Surviving NW depends upon many factors, among them your attitude. It is possible to survive NW if you are in the right location and you prepare for it. Granted, if you are at Ground Zero, you are extremely unlikey to survive, even if you do every other thing right.

My suggestion would be to read NWSS before you give up. At least read it before you make up your minds that no matter what, you are doomed. Don't be like Crazy Ralph in Friday the 13th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3CaYYEkGXI

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he's passed by now, but the author of NWSS retired to Grand Junction,CO if that tells ya anything about his idea of a good locale. I called him back in 1998 when I lived in Pueblo,CO just to thank him for his work. He was tickled to hear that some still listen to wise counsel.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neat little relic from the cold war!

Altus is just a training base now, no longer a SAC or TAC asset with bombers etc...so I'd be surprised if it was still on a primary targetting list.

SAC, TAC? Wow, you been around long time! HAHAHA.

I often wonder if those suspicious Russkies ever took ANYTHING off the targeting list. They aren't known for flexibility. I chuckle when that hippah dude in KS tells everyone how safe his Atlas coffin launcher is from attack. Won't go well if they have a few spares....

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now that NWSS has been linked to, I don't need to do it. But there are a whole bunch of myths about nuclear war, and this book does a good job dispelling them.

Surviving NW depends upon many factors, among them your attitude. It is possible to survive NW if you are in the right location and you prepare for it. Granted, if you are at Ground Zero, you are extremely unlikey to survive, even if you do every other thing right.

My suggestion would be to read NWSS before you give up. At least read it before you make up your minds that no matter what, you are doomed. Don't be like Crazy Ralph in Friday the 13th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3CaYYEkGXI

EMP atmospheric detonation is probably a bigger concern these days. More bang for the buck.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SAC, TAC? Wow, you been around long time! HAHAHA.

I often wonder if those suspicious Russkies ever took ANYTHING off the targeting list. They aren't known for flexibility. I chuckle when that hippah dude in KS tells everyone how safe his Atlas coffin launcher is from attack. Won't go well if they have a few spares....

LOL...true!

Someone somewhere in Mother Russia's targetting cell says "go ahead and lob a few at Altus and all of Kansas just to be safe." Doh!

Latest posts

Top Bottom