Armslist making me pay to use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a few Okie MEWE groups that I'm a member of: GUNS OF OKLAHOMA, Central Oklahoma Guns, Oklahoma Guns, Guns and Gears of Oklahoma, Oklahoma guns under $500, Guns and accessories of Green Country Okla, Oklahoma Guns buy, sell, trade; Oklahoma firearms, buy, sell, trade; Oklahoma guns and outdoors, Oklahoma guns and ammo, and Oklahoma handguns.

Disclaimer: ^^^Even though those groups do exist, I don't think most of them are really used much anymore.

We need to get them going, get more people to join MeWe and start hurting FB.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t mind paying a few bucks. I do mind having to enter my bank acct info in order to receive a discount.
All for the best, saves me a lot more than few bucks to not use it haha
I have a "ghost" account at my bank. It's a separate account and I just keep a minimum in it and use it for PayPal, etc. That way if it gets hacked, they won't get my zillions.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a "ghost" account at my bank. It's a separate account and I just keep a minimum in it and use it for PayPal, etc. That way if it gets hacked, they won't get my zillions.
I have the same thing, bank couldnt understand why til i explained it and the person setting up my account said that is smart she was going to do the same when she finished with me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with OSA classifieds?
Can't scam as easily?
Armslist was always scammy to me. Like craigslist.

Nothing's wrong; as long as one deals with established members with good feedback and a track record of participation. One shot posts to sell...well, caveat emptor.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I signed up for it a little while ago because I suddenly couldn’t contact a trader. If it helps thin out the scammers I’m happy to pay it. The scams are usually really transparent but I don’t like looking for something and having to root through 5 ads of baloney to find something legit.
One of the features for a paid subscription is supposed to be the return of the “power search”...I didn’t see the option for it earlier but hopefully it’s coming.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just about to mention this . . .
I have a separate debit account too. The wife said I needed to quick carrying so much cash around because someone was going to knock me in the head. I told her thanks for the vote of confidence. She said Honey if you were still in your prime I'd be more worried about them....No credit cards, never have never will...

Latest posts

Top Bottom