Armslist sale (I’m the seller) question about money transfer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not really that complicated, and you can't really get screwed if your the one that's selling. First, they must always pay up front, before you ship. Have them pay with a USPS m/o, go cash it. Then have your FFL ship it to his FFL.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not really that complicated, and you can't really get screwed if your the one that's selling. First, they must always pay up front, before you ship. Have them pay with a USPS m/o, go cash it. Then have your FFL ship it to his FFL.
Although I only do FTF transactions on gun deals I would do this if I was selling online.

I would think that If you take the USPS money order directly to the post office and cash it before shipping the gun you won't get burned.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I only do FTF transactions on gun deals I would do this if I was selling online.

I would think that If you take the USPS money order directly to the post office and cash it before shipping the gun you won't get burned.
Unless that USPS money order is very large, this should work. I had one for $500, and went to 3 Edmond Post Offices with no luck. They all said they didn't have enough cash in their drawer, or they needed it to operate the day on........ Good luck.

baroslifestyle

Marksman
Reaction score
P
Hey guys I have a gun someone wants to buy on Armslist. I have never shipped and or delt with the transfer of money. I have an FFL that will ship but what is the best way to go about getting the money so I am safe and do not get screwed on the deal. I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance
Alex
PayPal can be helpful (Famil7Friend ''Gift) or (The buyer pays the 3% fee). You don't ship without first of all receiving the payment and PayPal should notify you that they received the payment. Then you can proceed with shipping the firearm to the buyer. This the method I use, I confirm payment first then I ship, if the buyer don't agree then deal is off.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
P

PayPal can be helpful (Famil7Friend ''Gift) or (The buyer pays the 3% fee). You don't ship without first of all receiving the payment and PayPal should notify you that they received the payment. Then you can proceed with shipping the firearm to the buyer. This the method I use, I confirm payment first then I ship, if the buyer don't agree then deal is off.
Yes, but if PayPal even gets the hint that this transaction is somehow related to a firearm,,,,,they will lock up the account for a period of time and suspend the parties..............So I"ve been told.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I'm interested in your firearm. What is the condition and final asking price? I'm currently overseas but will be mailing you a check

And then they send 2-3 times the amount and expect you to cash it.

I actually got one of those in the mail a couple of years ago.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, but if PayPal even gets the hint that this transaction is somehow related to a firearm,,,,,they will lock up the account for a period of time and suspend the parties..............So I"ve been told.

And PayPal accounts get hacked or made with stolen info all the time... and when it is discovered, the amount WILL be charged back to you. Guarantee you PayPal isn't going to eat 100% of the loss. You will eat the majority of it.

Nomad1324

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. He is going to send a cashiers check. He doesn’t know that I am going to call the bank and verify that it’s legit before I send anything out. Anything out of the ordinary I’ll just send it back

Latest posts

Top Bottom