Army wants to dump the M9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Running ranges could be hazardous to your health, and if running the ranges for ROTC Advanced Camp Cadets, NG or support staff, it was definitely hazardous to be up on the line.
I know someone who got away with slapping a USMC DI--they were at the range, and he slapped the DI on the arm (after getting no response to his yell) to get his attention because another recruit was sitting with his chin resting on the muzzle of his M16. He (the chin-rester) was not suicidal, just ignorant, but a bullet wouldn't have cared about the difference.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone who got away with slapping a USMC DI--they were at the range, and he slapped the DI on the arm (after getting no response to his yell) to get his attention because another recruit was sitting with his chin resting on the muzzle of his M16. He (the chin-rester) was not suicidal, just ignorant, but a bullet wouldn't have cared about the difference.

I actually saw this happen for real in July of 1988 at Edson Range. Recruit was going to go unk for the second try. He acted like he was going to adjust his loop sling and was quite successful offing himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom