[Article + photos] Gun owners enjoying open carry freedom at Beverly's Pancake House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In regards to the guy in the photo carrying what looks to be a Mare: Our reporter, Zeke, said the guy didn't stick around for long. So maybe someone pulled him aside and told him he was in violation.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another stupid law about the Rossi or whatever it is. Besides the 16" thing. Is it a semi-auto, revolver, or derringer. Looks to be none of the above so is a lever action technically legal?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the fellow with that Mare's Leg or whatever it was, is a member of OSA and has seen this thread?

No offense, but it's the open carry of firearms like that I was afraid of when the law took effect. Maybe it can actually be EDC - I won't get into that - but the mere fact it's caused this sort of discussion on a pro-firearms forum and who knows what sort of comments on anti-firearms forums, is why I was concerned. It only takes the actions of an ill-informed or myopic few to undo the work of the many.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know there will be some one who just has to push the law to get a result. I always wonder what goes on in their mind or if they just don't care. Best thing is to just do what you have always done, and if you feel you want to open carry, do so but know the rules first, and abide by them. All it takes is a few to mess it up for the rest. Yes it is law, but if enough people get together, and push it, the law can be revoked. The good thing is that if you choose to carry concealed and someone see's your weapon, it is not a big deal any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom