ATF To Redefine ghost guns, Silencers, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just using the same title as GnG. Give it a watch.

I'd like to comment, but I don't know what to say.

That guy does a lot of good reviews. That said what he is trying to warn people about is very important. The fight against 2A infringement is never ending with the commies. They are always trying to take our rights away.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spend a meaningful amount of time every year reading and drafting comments on behalf of my company for new BLM (Bureau of Land Management, not the other one) regulations. Well thought out comments do get recognized as I follow through the commenting and proposal phases of this stuff. Looks like I will have something to occupy my downtime for the next few weeks.

If anyone is serious about submitting comments, I will share the approach I use. I typically read it in hard copy form and pencil in thoughts that come to mind as I read through it. Highlighting sections that trigger a thought of vagueness or conflicting with standing regulations also helps. From there I will research my notes and add depth to them in a Word document with plenty of references to support my suggested amendments. Once I have gone through it a couple of times, I will then start a second Word document to organize my thoughts and review my choice of words to start getting the initial draft of my response. Once that is done, I try to let it sit and not think about it for a few days then proofread one more time and make notes and adjustments to prep the final draft for submission.

It is a TON of work, but luckily this one doesnt require the legwork of forecasting cost to the company and new floors for production before shutting in a well due to additional regulatory expenses.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spend a meaningful amount of time every year reading and drafting comments on behalf of my company for new BLM (Bureau of Land Management, not the other one) regulations. Well thought out comments do get recognized as I follow through the commenting and proposal phases of this stuff. Looks like I will have something to occupy my downtime for the next few weeks.

If anyone is serious about submitting comments, I will share the approach I use. I typically read it in hard copy form and pencil in thoughts that come to mind as I read through it. Highlighting sections that trigger a thought of vagueness or conflicting with standing regulations also helps. From there I will research my notes and add depth to them in a Word document with plenty of references to support my suggested amendments. Once I have gone through it a couple of times, I will then start a second Word document to organize my thoughts and review my choice of words to start getting the initial draft of my response. Once that is done, I try to let it sit and not think about it for a few days then proofread one more time and make notes and adjustments to prep the final draft for submission.

It is a TON of work, but luckily this one doesnt require the legwork of forecasting cost to the company and new floors for production before shutting in a well due to additional regulatory expenses.

Definitely need to comment on this round of idiocy . . . thanks for your tips.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
>ATF proposes outlawing many things you already possess
>the solution is to "send a formal complaint saying you disagree!" (tied directly to your identity)
>believing the ATF hasn't fulfilled its purpose

lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom