1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by davek, Jan 17, 2021.

1. davek

davek Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Anyone has experience with any of the new-fangled scopes like the ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X?

2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've played with my 3-14 HD a little. It's OK. Not like glass but glass don't show things in the dark either. You'll be surprised how far an IR flashlight will throw but don't skimp on one. The one that came with my scope was junk. Get a Streamlight or similar. The zero function actually works and it's pretty neat to boot. Don't think it's a .mil grade hard use item, it ain't, but they do work. Also watch what you mount it on. Mine is only good up to .308 recoil.

3. davek

davek Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was just looking at the regulations for hunting coyotes. I suppose the prohibition on spotlighting includes IR light. Oh well.

4. devildog88

devildog88 Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Bit late to add in, but i thought i would relay my experience. I have had one for about a year. I have no had the chance to take it on a hog hunt as intended, but have used it work work up some loads and shoot up to 1000 yards with an ar-10. The last thing was probably far from intended use, but we were just playing around and finding the edges.

It is an electro-optic, so the glass is the weak spot. It is basically upscaling a smaller image and causing pixellation as you go higher up the range. Sharpness is not a thing, but the trade-off would definitely be worth it if i was hunting coyote or looking for a quick re-zero and unknown ranges. The one shot zero correction will get you real close in short window. The ability to record shot or hunt videos to a sd card is pretty neat. It will basically cast real time video to another device via wifi so your spotter can see what you are seeing almost exactly through a app on your phone or tablet. I think there is also a rangefinder you can pair with it to act as a more rudimentary version of the sig sauer bdx system. It stores different load profiles for quick changing of varying loads. All the bells and whistles(the tech) are pretty impressive. The weak spot is the glass if you are expecting a mid range glass type quality. It is not that. It is also heavy. I think the best platform for this scope would be off the back of a pickup or of a bipod/tripod hunting hogs/coyotes at night. It will operate in the daytime, but that is not it's strength.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    dennishoddy and GlockPride like this.
  5. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’m looking to get a thermal in the next few weeks, mainly for night hunting.

I’ve been advised by Arf that you can’t do an ATN. Minimum is AGM, Nvision or Bering Optics. Apparently, with ATN it’s Chinese, will break on you and you won’t be able to sell it for $.

I’m only going to gun hunt 3-4 nights per year MAX. I just think it’s crazy to spend $2500-2750 for that. Thoughts, insights, opinions, etc.?

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Do you know if that applies to preventive depredation on private land?

7. Ptbirshooter87

Ptbirshooter87 Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have one I really like it!

8. davek

davek Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No, I don't.

9. PBramble

PBramble I need TP

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah, stay away from ATN. the ThorLT I'm running has been horrible. Clear image, holds zero, a total nightmare. Not to mention the low price. That almost kept me away. Bering's Hogster is considered entry level and it's twice the price. For no more than I use this, I've already got my money out of it.

dennishoddy and GlockPride like this.
  10. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    $2500-$2750 is chump change if your really wanting to get into the night hunting. You might go way more than 3-4 nights a year once you get into it.