August IDPA at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Folks,

USSA will hold their monthly IDPA match on Saturday, August 13th, 2011. Set up time will be 07:30 and sign-in will start at 08:00. The match will consist of 6 stages with approximately 110 rounds scored. We’d like everyone to show up as early as possible to beat the heat, but sign-in will remain open until 10AM for those of you travelling a longer distance. Shotgun squadding as usual, so the earlier you’re here, the earlier you earn a beer. J

On a more negative note, we had a timer come up missing from last month’s match. These timers were brand new and it took us less than a month to lose one. Timers don’t grow on trees in case you were wondering. As a result, timers will no longer be checked out as a group by the Match Director. Each timer will be checked out personally by the squad CSO. The CSO will be responsible for returning the timer. If the CSO doesn’t turn in the timer, the CSO will deal directly with USSA on reimbursement. Since the CSO assigned to each squad will now have an additional burden, they will shoot for free. If requested to CSO a squad, you may decline and we’ll ask the next person. If no one wants to do it, we’ll refund everyone’s money and go home.

Now back to the currently missing timer. We’d love to see it’s smiling, beepy face back at the range by 8AM on the 13th. In the event it doesn’t make an appearance, we’ll throw a farewell party in its honor. The cost of this party will be an additional one time surcharge of $5 for everyone’s match fees. So USSA members will pay $15 and non-members $20 for the August match, but only if our friend the timer doesn’t return. Let’s hope he does. If you have any questions, please email or PM me. Thank you!

Last edited:

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not heard that anybody has found our lost little friend yet. I would ask that EVERYONE who was at our last match or at the benefit match last week to please check ALL your equipment and your vehicles in case someone gave you a timer thinking you would turn it in.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't know, they were all checked out and issued at the same time. The buckets came back in and weren't checked individually. Hence the reason for the revised check out procedures. The lost timer is one of the tan Pocket Pro II's.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a reminder about tomorrow's match. We'll start early again for those that want to beat the heat. 104 scored rounds, but as always, bring extra! :)

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all involved for putting the match on. Had a good time, but stage 5 was rough. Don't think I've ever dropped that many target points, but I wasn't the only one. :) Any plans on running a classifier next month?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who braved the humidity and shot with us!

Scores went out via email. Haven't gotten them to Ryan, so they're not posted online yet. PM me your email address and I'll get them to you.

Bertt, we may have a classifier in October. We may have a Safety Officer class in September if I can get Robert to get me the materials in time. Other than that, we'll be pretty busy getting ready for the World Shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom