August IDPA at USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks, just a reminder and a few other items of note for you:

1. Our monthly USSA August IDPA Match will be held at USSA this coming Saturday, 8 August 2015. We will have 6 stages that will concentrate on Standards stages (stages test your overall “free style-strong hand-weak hand” shooting ability) as well as a variety of scenario stages that will contain “tight” shots. Your front sight and overall sight picture will indeed be your friend as well as trigger control! These are basic handgun shooting “A-B-Cs”!!! We will operate under our “Summer Hours” so we’ll sign in from 8-9 and start shooting after 9. The weather liars (i.e. TV weather-“persons”) indicate it may be a bit “cooler” this Saturday, like “ONLY” in the lower 90’s for a high. We shall see? REMEMBER – we recommend you bring 150 rounds just to be safe! And bring some bottled water to start off with!

2. And if you can assist we’d always appreciate any help in setting up the match beginning after 4:00 this coming Friday!

3. My sincere thanks to Jay Dougherty, Jan Sabo, and Ron Autry who came out this past Saturday to assist with the CONEX work bench and shelving construction. We are eating the CONEX elephant one bite at time! Ultimate goal is to have our specific IDPA related props and supplies completely under our “control” and the CONEX gives us a HUGE step in that direction!
a. And my sincerest thanks to George Durfee and Kelley Dyche who donated some storage cabinets and a work bench to augment what was built!

4. Coming IDPA World Match related information:
a. A stage on the world match will require a set of “convenience store” shelves. If you know of any that anyone might have that might consider donating them or at least letting the match using them, PRETTY PLEASE let me know!
b. World match set up will be occurring Saturday, September 12, which is our normal September monthly match date. If we moved our September match a weekend earlier to Saturday September 5th, that is in the heart of Labor Day weekend. What I’d like to know is if anyone would be able to shoot our monthly match on Saturday September 5th please? Or would you still prefer we leave it on the 12th? (A “Plan B” so to speak on what bays we use will be required)

5. This following note is LIMITED to existing IDPA certified Safety Officers: Have you taken your recertification test on the links IDPA sent out to you in late March 2015? If not Pretty PLEASE do so as YESTERDAY AS INHUMANLEY POSSIBLE!
a. If you no longer have the links IDPA sent to you let me know ASAP, or STP (“Sooner than Possible” that is).
b. Do ONE test or the OTHER, but not both! If you have had experience as a CSO in Sanction matches Tier 2 and higher you are eligible for the CSO test! If you have SO’d in at least two (2) Tier 2 or higher sanctioned matches in the past 24 months and desire to support future matches as a CSO, then I leave whether you take the SO test or the CO test up to you.
c. ALSO – PLEASE ensure your IDPA information is up to date which includes your current address and e-mail contact info. Go to the IDPA website and sign in as a member to do so pretty please!
d. So you are aware, I am working on becoming a designated Safety Officer Instructor (SOI) for OK. If this comes to pass I will look at scheduling a SO class in October-November of this year at USSA. More to follow!

6. Stay cool and hope to see you this weekend! And hopefully some of you on Friday!

Peter Navesky
USSA IDPA Co-Chair
Club C0530
202-341-0537 (Cell)
[email protected]

as usual just reposting Pete's email
Jay

Latest posts

Top Bottom