Badgers in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was south of Depew, in Creek county. I sure would like to know if anyone has seen any near Broken Arrow or anywhere near Tulsa county.

Yes, I have...
And this brings up one of my stories which I know y'all love so much.

Anyway this was in NE BA, a place I bow hunted for a long time in and just after high school. They had just dozed the old fence down and pushed up all the brush into piles to clean up the area for a new fence. I was in my bow stand about 25 yards away from one of these brush piles and had two doe feeding on acorns around the brush. I watched these doe feed for a while and About the time a decided to shoot one of them I hear this god awful growling squealing roar come out of the brush pile. It was a smaller badger and it was pissed at the does, it actually chased them off then crawled back into the pile. A few minutes later the does come back and start feeding again. Then I hear the noise again but this time it's worse. The two does and I watch as a bigger badger chased the smaller one which attacked my doe out of the brush and proceeds to give him an arse whoop'n. The smaller one runs off right under my tree and down the trail I just so happen to have to walk down to get out of my hunting spot. Anyway the does and I just stood and watched this big badger stand on top of "his" brush pile for a while before he finally retreated back into his home. I decided not to shoot one of the does and it was a heart pounding walk back down that trail to the truck in the dark.
So yes we do have some around BA, but I've seen way more out west.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Killed one in Grant County last year on my farm. A guy that hunts on another of the farms properties, has seen one but did not shoot it. Told him to make sure and shoot it next time. They are hell on pond dams.

Avman63

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one once while deer hunting with my grandmother in Rogers county about 34 years ago. We walked up on it while it was digging a hole about 20 feet from us. It heard us whispering and turned around and
growled at us with its teeth showing and 3" claws scrapping the ground like it was going to charge. Needless to say grandmother and I did not hang around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom