balisong butterfly knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to stay under $200 on one of these. Any suggestions? I liked the cold steel but then found out it's not made in the US. Most Benchmades and Microtechs are over $200.

Red Dirt Rider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a bali for flipping obviously in that price range because they are expensive to get a good collector. IMO and experience the best for what you are talking about would be a Bear Ops Bear-Song 4 for around $80. I like mine very much and is balanced in all the right places. I have an BRS Alpha Beast which is the best flipper right now in the balisong community and the Bear is a collaboration with BRS. You will however have to loc-tite the screws after flipping awhile. I would get a bali with the handles at least 5" or more. If you can come up with a little extra cash I would get a Microtech Tachyon ($280) before they are gone. MT is almost as good as the Alpha Beast, sometimes I like my MT better. Benchmade makes some great bali's if you can find them. Cold Steel isn't a true bali, it's a two handed open lock knife. Cold Steel used to make the Arc-Angel which is a great butterfly knife but is hard to find and expensive. What ever you get, post pics. Don't seem like there is a very big Bali community here in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

Red Dirt Rider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For around $230, the Benchmade 51 and 32 (smaller) is great for EDC and you can still get them. They have G-10 handles and D2 steel. For cheaper, look at the Bear Ops line. The three balisongs in the picture are not so good for EDC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom