Bang, flop, elk down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The end of another great day in the mountains.

eacdf73100a3f6895ab57765d2eb3a8d.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're still up, it ought to be a spectacular full moon this evening too! Great pics as well as a good haul!

PS- What's the elevation up there? Over 6K?

We are staying at 8400’ altitude. The moon has been pretty full for the last couple of days. The incredible deep blue sky’s during the day are much different than the faded blue sky at home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You old guys bring oxygen for that stuff?

Lol! [emoji16] I spent all summer last year at 8500’ in Antonito Co.
fly fished the Conejos river up to 10,000 ft + at the headwaters a couple times a week.
This old guy can handle it. [emoji41]
The pups I’m hunting with in their 50’s do danged well on their own. [emoji6]

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok now its time for my response. In 21 years of going to this ranch this was the quickest harvest I have ever experienced. This is not normal. This is a tough hunt because of rough terrain and steep climbing, 30-45 degs.
There was a little “oopsie” on the morning volley. The agreement was fire on a count of 4. So everyone was ready..1..2 Boom!!!! The person who did this shall remain nameless. The shooters all harvested their animal and were happy. This was the shortest hunt I’ve experienced out there. We didn’t even go to Red River to eat at the Bull of the Woods Saloon like we normally do. Good hunt, good group of hunters, good time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom