Banner Gun Range ------- Harry Retired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only on certain ranges (listed in Highpower range rules, but not Benchrest for example) and/or at individual competitions...and it's inconsistently enforced. It's not a club wide rule.
Ok, didn't know it was inconsistent. Enforced on the USPSA bays when rifles are used and when we use the other ranges on occasion for bigger matches.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I
Stopped by there today with a couple AR's and my Henry All Weather .44 Mag. Still the same rule of no rapid fire..1 sec between shots and you're immediately asked if you are concealed carrying a firearm when you walk in. They don't allow concealed or open carry on the range. They pass out these home made chamber flags that must be inserted into any weapon when it is not being fired. I miss Harry...forgot how much it sucked being treated like a noob on a firing line. Oh well.

If these are the rules, I won't be patronizing the place then. I don't mind safety rules, but I am not a noob and will not generally patronize a place the forbids me from exercising my right to carry. My legally carried and holstered pistol is not at all unsafe. Nor is it dangerous, until such time as someone does something that causes me to draw it quickly with the intention of using it.

ShovelRider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not gone to Banner Range in years, I don't know the status of it today. My office, back in the day, was not far away from there. I never liked the idea of no rapid fire. Harry always conducted himself as a gentleman towards me. He and I used to shoot our .45's in some casual competition. We were not shooting slow! That Man was more than a fair shot! He never said a word to me about my rate of fire. I will always remember him as one of the good guys!

BrettJ

Ain’t got no gas in it..
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine went out there Sunday and said it was a good experience.

Interesting. I definitely wouldn’t consider my last trip a good experience. Maybe they’re getting things figured out and loosening up a bit.
Did he mention anything in regards to their no concealed carry rule?

Latest posts

Top Bottom