BBQ places in Tulsa (or elsewhere) that are gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here on both counts.

As for good BBQ joints that are no more, how about the original Bob’s in Ada? People used to fly in to get some of Bob’s BBQ.

Bobs was awesome. I met Dub Gillum in there one night back in the 80s. Some of the old timers will remember him. He was a big cowboy who sold used cars and had hilarious commercials on the local Ada channel 10.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smokies hickory house is the one you’re thinking of. Place has been there a long time, not sure if it ever burned or not. Pretty good place and you are right there is usually a wait. Used to go on east of there to the dam trying to catch catfish, always heard great stories but I never caught anything there.
That's it!

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else remember Rolo's in Muskogee? It was never the institution that Slick's was, but still some darn good BBQ. Sat on the east side of Highway 69 at Oklahoma avenue. They tore the place down twenty years ago. An O'Reilly Auto Parts sits there now.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you all remember this one?

"Crockett's, Crockett's Smokehouse. Mighty fine barbecue!"

There was one in Shawnee for a few years. I remember it being okay. It was a Pizza Planet before that and I ate there a lot as a teenager. I think it was owned by the same guy.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you all remember this one?

"Crockett's, Crockett's Smokehouse. Mighty fine barbecue!"

There was one in Shawnee for a few years. I remember it being okay. It was a Pizza Planet before that and I ate there a lot as a teenager. I think it was owned by the same guy.
I do remember that jingle. Can’t say that I ever ate there, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom