"Be Patient, Student Driver" Stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooper

Marksman
Reaction score
For all the Tailgaiters, Speeders, Reckless Bass Turds, who drive like they are always late, or in a race, with there front ends usually smashed, paper tags, and no insurance, how much time in life do you save in the day by driving aggressively?
Say you make two trips a day and you save 5 minutes a trip, think about it.
I can never figure why we get so uptight about it. If a person would leave earlier say 30 minutes, that is 30 miles if you could avg. 60 mph. How many trips do you take over 30 miles.
I have driven somewhere between 3-4 million miles, mostly hauling products to places who hate trucks, but want there stuff. Had fast trucks, tried driving fast ever where when I was young. I got to noticing on a three or four day trip, by doing a log book, I could not get to a destination hardly any quicker when I tried to drive fast vs the speed limit. Leaving early on a trip would gain me more time than speeding ever did. I could get 2 mpg better by driving 63 vs 75, and make the same amount of loads. At 4 bucks a gallon for diesel fuel, that is a cost of one dollar a mile vs. .68 cents a mile. At 450 miles a day that adds to about 140 dollars. So if I got up one hour early that is 140 bucks for that hour.
The costs are variable, but the savings are real. Also my machinery stayed in better shape when I would slow down and take my time. Another perk by slowing down total cost of operation.
It works in cars and pickups to. Just not as noticeable.
But it is a free country if you want to be a Turd and drive aggressive always tailgating thinking the guy in front of you is holding you up, it is your choice, But the guy in front has the same rights as you. You are not special, you are just another A hole in life.
Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but it is still my right to try and be safe and respect other people on the roadway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom