Beanbag Rounds for 12 Gauge Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have no experience shooting bears with bean bags nor do most people, but i have see (on television) in areas like Yellowstone they will shoot bears with bean bag rounds to scare them away and make them afraid of humans. this is after they were caught in a populated area and being set free away from people. it looked very effective.

here is a similar instance where a bear is shot with a bean bag. http://youtu.be/fsfJI-8HFOA

While they may do that, let me tell you as someone who has spent the last four years working 50 miles from Yellowstone, bean bags is not the way? NOT ONE SINGLE park ranger recommends them. In fact, they carry only bear spray. No guns, lethal or otherwise. At the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, WY there is a Yellowstone section where there is a video kiosk that tells you just about anything you want to know about what to do in a bear encounter. Guess what, no mention of beanbags.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey OP, shotgun bead sights tend to be very fast to pick up. I'd load up with reduced recoil slugs. Practice shooting at 50 and 100 yards. It doesn't take too much time or money to learn to shoot a shotgun like a rifle, but it does take focus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom