Bear safes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father and I both have Bear. Mine is an older single lock, and my father hasa double lock. Eventually I will get a larger safe and it will be a BEAR again.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in a checked out Bear several years ago, while they are nice for the money you dont get as much space. Liberty is up there in space and the fire rating is the same as the Bears now.

I have a Liberty Fatboy in my garage and love it.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I was told the guy who owns Armor Vault worked for Bear Safes, then started his business.

I have some from Armor Vault and some from Bear Safes, both are many times better than the ones you buy anywhere else. Both companies have 2 locks on each safe, that would be very hard to defeat, if you want fire proof, they will make yours fireproof, to your specs.

No safe will keep a determined safe cracker out, they will just slow them down enough hopefully to the point that they will move on to somewhere that will be easier like the ones you get at Academy.

If you want a good safe, ask a gun dealer that deals in and has in inventory a lot of weapons, they cannot afford not have to have the best.

Hope this helps

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have known the owner of Bear safe almost since he started the business. I have had one for 30 years I guess and am quite pleased with it. There was one attempt to break into the safe. The burglar left his tools bent up trying to access the insides. The safe sustained a few scratches and that was all.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gene Sears in El Reno sells Heritage Safes. They seem to be at least as well made as Bear, they look much nicer and you get way more bang for your buck. I doubt that I would ever buy a Bear safe personally. I didn't feel like they offered a good enough value for the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom