Bear Sits Next To Guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at combat photography and it blows my mind some of the photos and film these folks get!! I do not know if it is "nuts" or dedication to the story but hats off!!

With regards to combat photographers, I have to agree with you. They deserve praise, but dang....that's nuts.

I used to always try to get pictures of bears in the wild, but in all our camping trips over the decades, once I stepped out with a camera, the bears just disappeared. Twice in Yellowstone back in 2002, I missed the opportunity of "shooting" a mama Grizzly with their cubs by about 30 minutes. (I decided that it was probably a good thing as I would have likely maybe endangered myself by trying to get closer.)

I did get some good shots of a Grizzly in Alaska in 2005, but in that case, I was inside the tour bus. She was digging for a ground squirrel.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I would want for taking pics of grizzlies...

2130AA70-4AA2-4442-B601-8FD9FA5929AA.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^ Isn't that what they make zoom lenses for?? LOL!

Yeppers...

...my longest lens is a Nikkor 200-500mm for wildlife and such, but back when we went to Alaska, I hadn't gotten back into SLR's with interchangeable lenses. In fact, it was seeing another person's photos with an SLR and fairly long lens and comparing them to my own that prompted me to get back to SLR's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom