Bear vs. Hog. Hogs Are Tough! **GRAPHIC**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My theory is the pig had been hit by a vehicle and suffered reduced mobility but wasn't killed. Bear comes along and tried to drag the pig to a little more secluded area.

Must’ve been, because the bear let go numbers of times and the hog went nowhere. Just stood his ground. The black bear thing is weird, because while they’ll eat meat, it has been mostly understood that they forage for predominantly plants, berries and other vegetation.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh for heaven's sake ... :rolleyes2

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Critters kill critters for food, survival of the fittest and all that, but hearing the kids in the background asking about the hog like they were concerned about it being hurt reminded me of some of the childhood memories I’d like to forget.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Must’ve been, because the bear let go numbers of times and the hog went nowhere. Just stood his ground. The black bear thing is weird, because while they’ll eat meat, it has been mostly understood that they forage for predominantly plants, berries and other vegetation.

yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I thought they just ate a crap load of acorns! Lol

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I thought they just ate a crap load of acorns! Lol

I always thought it sort of depended on the time of year. Spring they eat tender plants and berries and fall they eat a lot of meat to buildup fat reserves for winter. I could be all wet in my thinking though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it sort of depended on the time of year. Spring they eat tender plants and berries and fall they eat a lot of meat to buildup fat reserves for winter. I could be all wet in my thinking though.
Bears are omnivores, and like most animals that have meat in their diets, they're opportunists. It might not go out and stalk a hog, but if it finds one that it sees as easy prey, well, I doubt it's gonna just walk away.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keto bear. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom