Beartooth Comb Raising Kit (CRK)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My CZ 455 Standard has the European, or Hog back Stock, which is great with iron sights, but presents a bit of a challenge when shooting with a scope, in that you more or less have a "chin weld" rather than a "cheek weld". So enter the Beartooth Comb Raising Kit.

It's made of a wet-suit like neoprene material and has 5 foam pads of various thicknesses. You can put one or more pads in there as you like, to raise the comb on your rifle in order to get a better cheek weld. It's a bit of a wrasslin' match to get it situated, I must admit, but it can be done. Here's what mine looks like with one pad, the thickest of the 5, in the stock cover. It raised the comb up just right for me. I shot the rifle today with the Beartooth CRK in place and as hard as it might be to believe, I shot even better than I normally do with this rifle. A $25 fix; Yippee! If this hadn't done the trick, I was seriously thinking of getting a Boyd's At-One or Pro Varmint stock to put on the rifle. I'm happy with this; it does what it says it will do. Now I can spend that money on essentials; namely ammo. Sorry about the bad pic, I had to hurry and snap it before I got caught putting the rifle on the wife's white coverlet in a spare bedroom. :uhh:
d02c8a55733a7e8743be73465389b57d.jpg

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used one on my factory Tikka stock before I got my chassis. I had to use electrical tape to tape the foam pads to the stock before I rolled the neoprene over it. It aided getting the neoprene on but over one day of shooting the foam pads still shifted because of recoil. I'm sure it will work good on a 22lr with no recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom